Déjà Louve Presents: A Vaudeville Extravaganza
Deja Louve, Queen City Burlesque Expo (and all affiliated productions) is dedicated to providing a safer/braver experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, creed or religion.
Deja Louve, Queen City Burlesque Expo (and all affiliated productions) does not tolerate or endorse harassment of participants, staff, or attendees in any form. Anyone violating these rules will be sanctioned or expelled without payment or refund at the discretion of the producers.
Additionally any who have engaged in any of the harming behaviours outlined in this document within the community or online may be sanctioned from involvement in any Deja Louve Presents / QCBE event.
Hate speech/harassment includes, but is not limited to:
● Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, creed or religion.
● Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
● Harassing/non-consensual photography or recording
● Participating in gossip, criticism, defamation, slander, or any other related "bad-mouthing" of other participants and employees
● Sustained disruption of talks or other events
● Inappropriate/ non-consensual physical contact
● Unwelcome/ non-consensual sexual attention
● General bullying behaviour
● Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
Anyone engaging in harassing behaviour, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. Participants, staff, and attendees asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately; This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no payment or refund.
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
It is expected that performers, staff, and guests follow these rules at all Deja Louve event venues and event-related social activities.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible or when you feel safe to do so.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to feel safe at Deja Louve and Queen City Burlesque Expo events, to allow for everyone to enjoy the experience together.